Monday, January 30, 2012
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Saturday March 17 during their St. Patrick's Day Celebration, Sikeston is holding a homebrew competition in Malone Park. Participants will provide two bottles and pour during festivities. From the flyer:
Categories include: Stout - IPA - Irish Red Ale - Wheat - Lager
Prizes Awarded: 1 Winner Per Style Category - 1 Overall Winner - 2 Peoples Choice Winners
Homebrew contest rules & regulations:
- Registration deadline is February 24, 2012. There is no entry fee.
- Judging will take place on Saturday, March 17 at the event beginning at 11am
- Each brewer will turn in 2 bottles, or sealed containers of beer for each category that you enter at the judging tent by 11am. Bottles/containers need to be marked accordingly per style/name
- Winners will be announced at 3:30pm. Home brewer must be present to win.
- Brewers are asked to bring beer for public tasting March 17, 2012.
- Any beer brought to the public tasting by registered home brewer’s will be eligible for the People’s Choice awards (this includes beers that are not in the 5 judging categories).
- Serve samples only to people wearing the St. Pat’s wristband, which will verify that they’re 21
- The public will sample beer from the green St. Patrick’s Day Celebration steins
- Bring a lawn chair, and tent if needed. We’ll provide the tables
- Homebrewer may bring 1 extra person to help them pour (all others will be charged the $10 entry fee)
For more info. call Kim at 573-380-3801 email@example.com or Kathy at 573-258-9270 firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email me at email@example.com for a copy of the entry sheet.